Author Topic: ATT Uverse modem problems  (Read 3521 times)

K5DN

• View Profile
    • Email
ATT Uverse modem problems
« on: 2014-02-06, 21:26:51 »
This has come up before, but with different versions of their modem/router.  I just switched to this service, and have modem model 3800HGV-B.  I have TV, internet and phone service through the one box.   I cannot get the RRC's to connect through it.  It was all working with my Time Warner service.   I am changing services to get lower latency, which the ATT service does provide.  I was have a lot of trouble with CW transmit errors, as I reported in another thread.

I have changed the SIP port to 5080, and set up the router for pinholes for  5080 (SIP), 11000 (UDP), and 12000 (UDP).

The router has only one entry for each; rather than separate entries for In/Out etc.  Oddly, the 12000 port is listed on one status page as TCP; on the setup paged as UDP, regardless of how many times I re-enter.

I have checked, rechecked all IP addresses; and reconnected with old Time Warner service which I also still have (it connects).

Any suggestion?

K5DN

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: ATT Uverse modem problems
« Reply #1 on: 2014-02-06, 21:29:57 »
I forgot to mention that I also tried to bridge through my old linksys router, which I was using with the old ISP.  I had the ATT modem/router set to DMZ for the linksys.  I seemed to work fine on web pages, but still could not connect RRC's.

K5DN

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: ATT Uverse modem problems
« Reply #2 on: 2014-02-07, 01:46:23 »
For the record if you change the RRC's SIP to 5080, you also have to change the SIP port forwarding at the Radio site to 5080.

I all works now.  Thanks for reading.