Author Topic: TS-480 SIP Errors  (Read 4352 times)

k0mdd

• View Profile
TS-480 SIP Errors
« on: 2014-02-22, 13:55:53 »
I have my Remoterig units set up inside my firewall and am encountering a sporadic problem with SIP errors on the Control side. If I reset the Control box, all is well for a while, but eventually, when I attempt to turn my rig on, I get a series of tones from the TS-480 and the LED next to the mic connector on the Control box is blinking. When I access the web page for Control, it always says there was a SIP error. Any ideas?

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: TS-480 SIP Errors
« Reply #1 on: 2014-02-22, 16:19:27 »
Are you using port 5060? If so, change it to something else. Never use port 5060, because it is
blocked for VoIP use by many routers and is inconsistent like you describe.

Also make sure that "SIP ALG" is turned off in the router.

If this doesn't help, mail me at dj0qn (at) darc.de and I will send you my networking checklist
to work through.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

k0mdd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-02-23, 23:29:04 »
After I posted this, I was double-checking my IP settings and noticed that the DNS server address on both Remoterig units was set to point to my WIFI range extender instead of my router. Now, why that would cause an intermittent SIP error, I don't know. And I'm not sure that it was THE cause, but so far, so good after resetting both to point to the router. I did check my router and SIP ALG is disabled, although since I'm totally inside the firewall with all this, I don't know why that would matter...ditto the SIP ports. Both Remoterig units have static IP addresses and point to each other. A simple setup. Let's see if resetting the DNS entry solves the issue.  Thanks for your help!

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2014-02-23, 23:36:42 »
Sorry, I missed that both units are on the same subnet, otherwise i would not have made those
suggestions. However, I am happy that you found the problem.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX