RRC 1258 Support in English > Configuration, RRC 1258

RRC 1258MkIIs Update problem

(1/2) > >>

N7QT:
I'm trying to update my device and am getting an error.

Using Microbit Setup Manager v1.25 states FW/HW version:
Version=006, Firmware=2.25, Bootloader=N/A, HW=006

When trying update my device to v2.78 the update fails with the following sequence:
Failed programming new firmware: Write failed: -1
Transferring firmware..
FW/HW version successfully retrieved
SW Version Successfully retrieved

Suggestions?

-rob

Jan (Microbit):
Older FW versions have USB issues with certain PCs. A work-around is to upgrade using the web interface. After that the USB/Setup Manager upgrade should work.

N7QT:
To use the web interface don't I need to use Microbit Setup Manager to update the device IP address and subnet mask in order to join my network?

I go to the Setup tab in Setup Manager, click on the button "Get from device" and get to see the devices information in the dialog box(default values).  Even if I make, or don't make a change to the contents of the dialog box, as soon as I press the "Save to device" button, I get the following error:

Unexpected Exception
Exception: Index was out of range. Must be a non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name:index
Module: Form1:Void
SetupGetterBackgroundWorker_DoWork(System.Object,System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventArgs)
Method:ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException

Jan (Microbit):

--- Quote from: N7QT on 2014-02-24, 00:19:22 ---To use the web interface don't I need to use Microbit Setup Manager to update the device IP address and subnet mask in order to join my network?
--- End quote ---
Only if you for some reason do not have web interface access already.

--- Quote from: N7QT on 2014-02-24, 00:19:22 ---I go to the Setup tab in Setup Manager, click on the button "Get from device" and get to see the devices information in the dialog box(default values).  Even if I make, or don't make a change to the contents of the dialog box, as soon as I press the "Save to device" button, I get the following error:

Unexpected Exception
Exception: Index was out of range. Must be a non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name:index
Module: Form1:Void
SetupGetterBackgroundWorker_DoWork(System.Object,System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventArgs)
Method:ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException

--- End quote ---
Getting this error indicates that something in the setup data is invalid causing problems for Setup Manager to handle the data. It would be useful to have access to a "Export settings(bin)" file from that RRC. (That too requires web interface access)

N7QT:
Invalid data in setup data even after the both 1258 devices reset to factory defaults??? Not good.

I can't use the web interface because my home network isn't on a 192.186.0.x IP range. Therefore I can't reach the default 1258 web servers. I'm also unable to change the 1258 IP address using the Setup Manager application via USB because of this software bug/exception. There really should be a jumper setting to allow the device to use DHCP, which would allow me to get to the web server.

Looks like I will have to setup a router/network for 192.168.0.x just to get access to the 1258 web server.  So far this has been a pretty painful experience.  :-(

-rob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version