Author Topic: DYNDNS  (Read 5085 times)

K6HP

• View Profile
    • Email
DYNDNS
« on: 2014-03-19, 01:41:25 »
I recently upgraded to the latest firmware. Now, while trying to use my DYNDNS account for the IP between the two units, it will only accept the ddns.remoterig.com as the dynamic DNS server.

I've used the DYNDNS account for several years with no issue but now I'm forced to use the remote rig DNS. Does anyone know of a fix for this or is there a bug which will be fixed in the next firmware?

I would think that to keep the load on the remote rig DNS server lower having the option of using remote rig dns or DYNDNS would be allowed.

Ed
K6HP

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: DYNDNS
« Reply #1 on: 2014-03-19, 07:02:22 »
There is a dropdown on on the DDNS page where you can select between DynDns and Remoterig ddns, If you have used DynDns before it does not change the the settings when you upgrade the firmware

73 de mike

K6HP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2014-03-21, 20:39:48 »
The drop down is still there however even if I choose dyndns it still fills in the remoterig dns below including IP, password, etc.

When I try to save it as the dyndns it acts like it is saving it but doesn't. I had the same problem on the remote box as well as the home-radio box.

Nothing I've tried has returned it to dyndns.

Thanks,
Ed

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2014-03-21, 21:34:19 »
Im sorry but don't understand how you do when you are not able to save the dyndns settings. I don't know if something can happen if you update from a very, very old firmware version, so try to make factory default setup. Another thing - Dynamic DNS settings are only available at the Radio-RRC not at the Control-RRC so i don't know how you can have problem in both ends

/mike