Author Topic: PTT stalls UDP  (Read 4462 times)

K6HP

• View Profile
    • Email
PTT stalls UDP
« on: 2014-05-05, 23:26:46 »
I changed from a Verizon 3g modem in my RV and had to upgrade to a 4G modem. I also changed the router in the RV to a Cradlepoint (I forget model). I had been unable to get the two to talk to each other either thru my dyndns route or thru the remoterig dyndns. I did finally resolve the connection by getting the IP assigned to the modem (which does not match the public IP found by doing a google search for "My IP").

Once I got the IP off the modem and plugged that into the control box the radio was talking to the control box and the control head (TS-480HX) was receiving fine.

However, as soon as I key the mic the unit stops receiving (on un-key) and appears to be frozen. Then several seconds later it turns off.

I'm assuming this is a configuration within the radio or control head Remote Rig boxes. But I have gone thru everything and can't find anything that appears a configuration error. I have also set the Control Head box as DMZ in addition to port forwarding. Nothing seems to work.

The error message on the radio "status" is UDP audio stalled". The status on the Control box indicates no errors and it is disconnected.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ed
K6HP

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: PTT stalls UDP
« Reply #1 on: 2014-05-06, 11:36:25 »
Hi

I do not think it's an RRC issue. You have to search for the problems in your routers/ISP. Probably something happens when more data is start flowing when you press the PTT. You can test by setting RTP tx mode to continous in both ends, then the same amount of data is flowing in both directions independent of PTT status.

I assume you have already tested to reduce PWR to 0 to verify that it's not a RFI problem.

73 de mike

K6HP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2014-05-08, 01:08:53 »
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

I currently have the RRC set for continuous while I was trying to find the problem. It didn't make a difference.

I'm going to test it at home with my two DSL accounts but that won't mean it will work on the 4g modem. Any ideas would be great.
Thanks,
Ed
K6HP

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2014-05-08, 15:05:54 »
It's difficult to say. It's dependng on both the ISP and the 4G modem/router. I have used both the "fixed" Huaweii B493 and the portable Huaweii E5776 4g routers and both works perfect here in Sweden

73 de mike