Author Topic: Set-Up with a fixed remote IP address. Also Webswitch  (Read 4155 times)

G3UEG

• View Profile
I have just bought the Remote Rigs and a Webswitch, and have read the documentation several times.  I can see how the two boxes link together in the examples when they are connected in what I would call "test mode" on one network.  I cannot understand how to set them up when separated across the internet.

I have a fixed IP address for my remote site, which should make life simpler, so as I understand it I put this IP address into the SIP contact field in the radio setting on the Control RRC.

If the radio RRC (remote) has IP address of 192.168.0.50  where do I put this information at the control (home) end to fully define the link??

Secondly, The Webswitch will be attached to the same router with the same IP address,  if the Webswitch IP address was, say, 192.168.0.51..  If I put the fixd remote IP address into my browser, how do I then "drill down" to the 192.168.0.51??

Finally all the Webswitch examples show a 1.nnn address, does it have to be in this series,   or is 0.nnn OK??
Dave, G3UEG

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Set-Up with a fixed remote IP address. Also Webswitch
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-06, 18:30:09 »
Hi

It not possible "to fully define the link" from outside the router. It has to be done in the router at the radio qth by portforwarding. But the easiest way is that you define the ip of the radio RRC as the DMZ-server then all connections from outside will be routed to the RRC. Then for the webswitch you must define a portforwarding. For example setup port 8000 to be routed to the WebSwitch IP port 80. if your router cant use different portnumber you need to change the webserver port of the webswitch to 8000 ( in the webswitch). The ip of the webswictch must be set to match your network 0.nnn yes

73  de mike

G3UEG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-06, 18:56:30 »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I will also have a PC and a serial server attached to the remote router.  Would this affect the way the port forwarding is done?

Where do I define the Ip of the radio rrc as the DMZ server..  I can't see any reference to this on the IP setting page of the rrc?

Dave, G3UEG

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2010-06-06, 19:02:09 »

Hi

All this should be done in your router at the radio QTH not the RRC.

portforwarding to other things is done the same way

73 de mike