Author Topic: RCC-nano Issues  (Read 6978 times)

ajkatz83

• View Profile
RCC-nano Issues
« on: 2014-10-10, 16:31:57 »
Hello:

I have installed both the apps on my Android phone and I have been trying to control my TS-480 for sometime now, seeing that instructions were rather clear on the site, but I can get no connectivity!

I have entered in all the information accordingly into the app. I have all the port and DDNS hostname in there as well with the password, etc. and no connectivity.

I have messed around with the serial connections and still do not understand how they work. I set up COM2 to the settings I have on the radio configuration, still nothing works! Is there a serial server via ethernet or some kind of network addressing with the serial ports I need to put in my phone. The serial has never worked at all! No serial port connection has ever worked in connecting via the Internet or local here on the LAN--they simply do not talk at all!

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: RCC-nano Issues
« Reply #1 on: 2014-10-10, 17:28:58 »
You do not say anything about the most important thing. Have you connected the serial cable from Radio-RRC com2 to the Radio-CAT port ?

/mike

ajkatz83

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-10-10, 20:11:36 »
Yes I have and nothing comes of it neither.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2014-10-10, 20:21:59 »
Be sure that JMP3 is inplace inside Com2. Com2 should be set to mode 4 and to the same baudrate as the radio for example 9600 baud.

/mike

ajkatz83

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-10-12, 01:47:04 »
I apologize, I have it working here and it is pretty amazing! The snag I was facing, though it doesn't matter really, is that the hostname was not being resolved when I was trying to connect using my app. When I used the actual WAN address given my my ISP, then everything came to life! I noticed that behavior too, LAN side, in my office when I used the local IP rather then the DDNS, and it worked fine. I don't understand why it doesn't like the hostname (DDNS) WAN and LAN side, though I could explain the LAN side, has that ever been an issue?

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2014-10-13, 08:19:04 »
If ddns works inside a LAN depends on the if the router can handle it, that's different between routers. But from WAN it should always work if the ddns-server is updated, you can check if you can browse the RRC when the Nano cannot resolve the IP.

73 de mike

la2tt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-11-26, 15:55:34 »
Have installed RRC Nano, but can not get it to work properly. TS-480 is working ok with two RRC-1258.
The RRC Nano is working on mobile phone with 3g/edge, but will not work on a wifi network.
A homemade cable is correctly made and connected between com2 and radio. The jumper on com2 are enabled.
Baudrate has been tried from 9600 to 57600.
Are there anyone, who can givesom tips, to correct this.
Thee RRC Nano is a good step forward, but I am missing a couple of functions.
I might buy a licence, if I can correct my problem.

73 de LA2TT

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2014-11-27, 08:13:00 »
Hi
If it works over 3G but not over WiFi is not a cable issue. It's probably a because the WiFi is inside your LAN but when you use 3G you are coming in through the router. Many routers can handle the ddns hostname as SIP-contact even inside the LAN but yours probably can not. So you have to change SIP contact to the IP number of the Radio-RRC when you are inside the LAN

73 de mike

la2tt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-11-28, 15:46:13 »
Thank you for your answer. Sorry, forgot to tell that I have a second network from ICE (the old 450 NMT) that I use for testing.
Will try my neighbours network to be sure. The phone I am using is a Huawei Ascend P6 and was updated to Android 4.4.2 yesterday, and after that, the vfo are nt working anymore. Perhaps I should try to reinstall the software? Any suggestion is welcome.

73 de LA2TT Helge