Author Topic: HRD & FT857D & Mic CAT signals  (Read 3838 times)

SP4CBE

• View Profile
HRD & FT857D & Mic CAT signals
« on: 2015-01-10, 20:55:26 »
Hi there

I am using RRC-1258 MkII from You connected to FT857D.

But till now I never used it connected to computer with HRD installed on it. Now I want to use it.

I connected CT-62 cable but unfortunately my FT857 has damaged CAT installed in rear panel. It happened probably during storm.

Fortunately CAT thru Mic socket equipped with additional hardware is working  fine. I made it based on K6XX article  found here http://www.k6xx.com/radio/ft857ser.pdf . I made it without jacks for PTT and Mic.

Please let me know if this is possible  to send CAT signals  from microphone RJ45 socket over  internet and connect them to serial port (the best will be USB :-) ) on control RRC without necessity to use additional hardware.
Cable between Mic socket on FT857 and appropriate socket on RRC radio is equipped with whole wires.
Signals TxD and RxD are present on RJ45 Pins 1 and 2 respectively.

Have you implemented this possibility in hardware and software of RRC control panel?  I not found any information about it.

This possibility will be useful also for those who wants to use rear CAT socket for steering PA or other equipment

I will appreciate any answer.

Vy 73 SP4CBE

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: HRD & FT857D & Mic CAT signals
« Reply #1 on: 2015-01-12, 22:44:15 »
I have never heard about any CAT connection via the Mic connector. However there is only one TTL serial port and it's occupied by the Panel to Radio communication so you have to connect via com2 and an RS-232/TTL adapter, which I understand you have already done

73 de mike