Author Topic: No SSB Audio  (Read 4015 times)

W1UE

• View Profile
    • Email
No SSB Audio
« on: 2015-01-22, 19:11:14 »
Up until recently, I could transmit SSB using my RR setup.  Now, I can't transmit SSB; a different Control unit at a different location also can't transmit SSB.  I've checked that the correct cables from the RR remote unit was plugged into the correct jack on the remote K3, and they were.  I connected a different microphone to the remote K3, and it transmitted SSB no problem. 

Is there any method of applying audio to the Remote unit on site, to test out the Remote unit?  Any particular ports to check on the remote router?  Any other guidance in what may have changed?  As I said, it did work, but now it doesn't.

Dennis W1UE

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: No SSB Audio
« Reply #1 on: 2015-01-22, 22:34:54 »
Hi Dennis,

SSB audio is purely done in hardware using RemoteRig. If it stopped working and two completely different
control RRC's can not generate audio, then it must be a wiring problem at the radio site. I think you are
saying that you checked the wiring, but that is the only place it could be. It is highly unlikely that the RRC
is defective. Perhaps the cable developed a fault, use an ohmmeter to see if a wire is not making contact.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2015-01-23, 08:18:48 »
Hi
Yes check the red straps at the Radio-RRC with an ohm meter. Also check that you have selected the correct mic jack (back or front) in the K3 setup.

73 de mike

W1UE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-01-24, 19:51:14 »
Problem solved.  I didn't really find a problem, but I opened up the Remote RRC, wiggled the strapping wires, put it all back together, and it then worked.  My assumption is that one of those wires wasn't making contact, and my moving it caused the contact to be made again.  Thanks for the suggestions.