Author Topic: RRC Accessories for K3 and Kenwood  (Read 3028 times)

py2sex

• View Profile
RRC Accessories for K3 and Kenwood
« on: 2015-03-12, 12:49:32 »
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to get into this new way to operate and I'm having a lot of questions on my head to know exactly what I need to have it working.
I have 2 friends with the K3 and TS-480SAT configuration. I have both radios at my home and I would like to connect to their station to use their remoterig.

My question is, what do I need at my side? They already have everything set their, because they use their remote station already. BUt I'm confused with cables and adapters.

I would need a RRC1258MKIIs con v7 on my side and I'm confuse with the cables because looks like the Kenwood and Elecraft use the same cables (CAT and MIC), and I don't want to use both stations simultaneously, only when one is not available I can use the other one.

Anyone can help me on this matter? I want to know exactly what do I need to have at my side.

Thanks in advance.

PY2SEX | PY1KS | DL1NX

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: RRC Accessories for K3 and Kenwood
« Reply #1 on: 2015-03-12, 16:58:18 »
yes the mic cables and cat cables are the same for ts-480 and K3. But you need a cable from TS-480 controlpanel to Control-RRC when using TS-480 frontpanel. When using K3 you need a cable from Control-RRC com 2 to K3 CAT port , both are described in the manual

73 de mike