Webswitch 1216H Support in English > Configuration of Routers, Firewalls, etc

Cannot get public access

(1/2) > >>

N9RC:
I have a new Webswitch 1216H  configuration 192.168.1.236 port 80.  It operates fine on local LAN.  I have a Netgear N600 router configured for port 80 pass through to the 1216H address.  I have been trying to use my public IP address to access(It has been static).  All I get get is time outs.  I am trying to access from W7 Firefox browser on local LAN.  I have also tried remote through Android Gingerbread phone same result.  Any ideas?

dj0qn:
Likely your router also uses port 80 to access, so I suggest you change the port of the Webswitch from
port 80 to something else and forward that port 1:1. Just a hunch that that may solve your problem.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

N9RC:
I switched to port 85.  Same result.  OK local LAN, no connection through router.  I am typing in my public IP address.
50.X.XXX.XXX:85 and that always times out.  If I type 192.168.1.236:85 OK

dj0qn:
Looks like a problem with the router in its port forwarding. Try a trick and place it in the DMZ instead
and see if that helps. There are a number of settings that can screw it up and DMZ gets around most
of them. If that works, you can always switch it back to a port forward and find the problem.

Remember not to do both, only one or the other!

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

N9RC:
DMZ same result.  I will try a different router later today.  For failed test I used "find ip" to find  my public IP address.  Added colon 85 for port and entered in browser.  I have tripled checked setup.    I assume I don't have to use ddns for addressing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version