Author Topic: Strange behavior of a rig control software at control site.  (Read 4541 times)

ND1Y

• View Profile
    • Email
I have Elecraft K3Twin setup in my shack. At the control site, I have a K3/0 Mini connected to RRC-1258. I also have a computer connected to RRC-1258 through USB cable to run rig control software such as N1MM and DX Lab.

Those software used to work well. But after I reinstalled Windows 7 and rig control software to my computer, I sometimes, not always, come across strange behavior of rig control software.

For the case of DX Lab, I can change VFO frequency by clicking arrow buttons of DX Lab. However, the frequency display of DX Lab does not change when I turn the VFO knob of K3/0 Mini. It seems the signals are sent only in one way from DX Lab to K3/0 Mini, not from K3/0 Mini to Commander.

Does anyone have any clue?

Sam/ND1Y

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Strange behavior of a rig control software at control site.
« Reply #1 on: 2015-03-29, 17:42:23 »
Sam,

Try deinstalling the drivers in Device Manager and then reinstalling them by installing Microbit
Setup Manager. I have solved most problems that way.

Some help can be found at http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=1766.msg7576#msg7576

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

ND1Y

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2015-03-30, 00:07:25 »
Mitch,

Thanks for your advice. I followed your instructions, which solved the problem. Appreciated.

I also followed your instructions as to remap the COM numbers. Where can I find "show all devices" at the Device Manager? I looked everywhere for it but could not find it.

Sam ND1Y/JL1CNY

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-03-30, 00:10:56 »
In Device Manager, click on the "view" menu and scroll down to "show hidden devices". That
is what it is called now in Windows 7.

Glad you got it working.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

ND1Y

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2015-08-06, 21:11:47 »
Mitch,

After I upgraded Win7 to Win10, I came across the same problem I used to have before. Your remedy does not work this time.
Any idea to resolve. I am wondering if the driver does not work under Win 10.

Sam ND1Y/JL1CNY

oh1tv

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-08-19, 13:44:15 »
When I upgraded at the control site my PC from W7 to W10 I got two problems:
1) My HRD v5 didn't find anymore com5 port which I had been using.
2) When trying with other control SW I recognized the data transfer was very slow.

HRD v6 was able to find the com port but response was veeery slow.
Also N4PY control SW worked but slowly.
I use USB connection between PC and RRC.

I removed Microbit setup manager SW and virtual comports as Mitch above has suggested. Then I reinstalled the setup manager which also installs the virtual comports and rebooted the PC. After this the speed was back. HRD v5 still doesn't find the ports but the other programs do.

Pekka / OH1TV