Author Topic: ic-7100 trouble  (Read 3386 times)

IK3ACI

• View Profile
ic-7100 trouble
« on: 2015-04-19, 13:33:05 »
Hi everybody;
after 15days of problem-less and happy RemoteRig using, my IC-7100 controller now doesn’t  switch on anymore, and this fact makes me crazy. I checked all the connections, and all seems correct and running; AUX/MIC yellow LED on RR control is permanently on, and the web interface of remote radio shows RADIO and CONNECTION status on and no errors, while control device reports CONTROL PANEL on, RADIO off and CONNECTION STATUS ok.
Correct switching on and off remotely could be checked by the web interfaces, but the IC-7100 panel doesn’t light on, and the only strange matter I found is on I/O setting on the control web interface: where IN0,OUT1 and OUT2 are set to I/O, while OUT0 can be settle only as CONNECT or KEYER (no I/O possibility). Even if I tried both the possibilities, nothing changed.
No problem at all locally...
Some suggestion? Thanks in advance
73 IK3ACI Corrado

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: ic-7100 trouble
« Reply #1 on: 2015-04-19, 18:15:43 »
Hi

I/O settings has nothing to do with the main function, I think one of the red straps in the control RRC is broken. Check them with an ohm meter

73 de mike

IK3ACI

• View Profile
Re: ic-7100 trouble
« Reply #2 on: 2015-04-19, 18:28:16 »
I do believe so...Problem solved in a very strange way: I have been compelled to "unplug" the TTL->CV-I cable from the radio on both sides; during the various test I did I have left the RL-11 plugged to the radio, even if the 3,5 jack to remote socket on the radio was unplugged, but the system didn't work.
Probably it's due to the fact that 2 wires are anyway connected into the jack, and even if this last one is not fisically connected to the socket, the system don't "like" it.
Now an other trouble for using CV-I.
Thanks anyway
73 Corrado