Author Topic: Some public internet sites don't have all of their ports open causing lock up  (Read 3058 times)

ae3t

• View Profile
    • Email
I have found that not every public internet site has the necessary ports enabled to allow for an RRC and K30 to operate correctly. They must only have ports open for viewing a web page and sending email.

I am speaking of a wired eithernet connection in a hotel or public location that allows you to plug into them but when I try to connect to my home K3 it will connect, allow audio to pass, but not allow control of the K3. It will also lock up my home K3 by not allowing the remote RRC to disconnect correctly therefore holding the K3 ACC in a high state keeping the K3 LCD panel backlight on and not allowing any further control of the K3. In this case my home station is in total lock up and requires me to power cycle the remote RRC when I return home!

I am going to purchase a remote AC power switch so I can try to reset my RRC from a remote location, but is there any way to know in advance or test the connection to see if there is a port issue? At other locations, I have not problems at all.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Hi

The K3 does not lock even if the display is on with no info visible. if you connect from a place where all is working everything will be OK again without need to reboot either of the RRC or the K3.

73 de mike