Author Topic: RemoteRig has stopped working  (Read 3728 times)

KR3AM

• View Profile
    • Email
RemoteRig has stopped working
« on: 2015-08-13, 15:07:41 »
I'm using a RemoteRig with a Yaesu FT-857, on a local LAN. The setup worked great for a long time, but now I can almost never get the radio to turn on. When it does turn on, after a few minutes it will turn off. Here's what I know:

- When I press the power button on the radio head, I hear a beep and a click, and then nothing.

- I can access the web interfaces for both the control and radio side of the remoterig from my desktop computer, which is on the same LAN.

- From the web interfaces, all of the remoterig settings look correct, and I haven't changed them since it was working.

- The DNS Status for the control side shows the correct IP address for the radio side.

- If I disconnect the radio base and head from the remoterigs and hook them together directly, the radio works fine.

Got any idea what's wrong or how to troubleshoot this problem?

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: RemoteRig has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: 2015-08-14, 08:11:30 »
The most common problem with the FT-857 togehter with Remoterig is that if you connect the radio-RRC and the Radio to the same power supply, the radio will make a shortcircuit when it starts causing the RRC to reboot. This can happen even if they are connected to a 30Amp PS. Many PS cannot keep up the voltage when the FT-857 starts. When you have problem look at the status page in both units and see what they say. Disconnection after 5 minutes can I only explain with a bad connection somewhere, cables or red straps.

73 de mike

KR3AM

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: RemoteRig has stopped working
« Reply #2 on: 2015-08-14, 15:24:53 »
Thanks.

Now I may have a new problem. I tried connecting a separate power supply to the remoterig radio unit, but stupidly got the wires reversed. Now that I have the polarity correct, the unit won't power up. Is the unit protected against reversed polarity, or did I just fry it?

Also, do you happen to know what range of input voltages the unit will accept, and how much current it draws?
« Last Edit: 2015-08-15, 00:47:37 by KK4ZKN »