Author Topic: How to I regain CAT control of TS-480?  (Read 4857 times)

Mike Cotton - K4RUM

• View Profile
How to I regain CAT control of TS-480?
« on: 2015-08-20, 14:39:44 »
Hi all  --

About a year ago I set up CAT control of my TS-480 using N1MM+.  All worked well until recently.  In attempting to address an issue that had been present while operating the digital modes, I (stupidly) changed a couple of the advanced settings on the control side and applied the changes while N1MM+ was still open.    I lost both CAT control and the ability to send CW using the Winkey emulator.  Attempting to reconfigure N1MM+ did not solve either issue.

I then uninstalled N1MM+ and all of its folders and reinstalled it.  After some effort, I was able to configure N1MM+ to send CW using the Winkey emulator.  I have not been able to reestablish CAT control. 

In addition, I no longer am able to access the Radio RRC settings using my remoterig ddns address.  I understand that a power outage at the radio side may have caused this to occur.

Despite the foregoing, I am able to operate on CW and on the digital modes, which are my primary interests.

Does anybody know how to reestablish CAT control of a TS-480 once it has been lost, and how to regain the ability to connect to the Radio RRC?

Thanks very much.

Mike
K4RUM

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: How to I regain CAT control of TS-480?
« Reply #1 on: 2015-08-20, 18:10:26 »
Hi Mike,

Did you change the advanced settings on the RRC? This isn't clear. If so, this should not affect anything with the operation of CAT or N1MM+. If you changed the serial settings, then something may have to be reversed, but certainly uninstalling N1MM+, etc. should be unnecessary. Here I would need more details, e.g. your settings files on both sides as HTML files (menu: export to HTML). I can see if there is a problem in a few seconds.

If you previously were able to access your RRC's web page remotely and can no longer do so, due to a power outage, then you likely either:
a) You are not using the dynamic DNS support and the IP number was changed
b) or you had the RRC using DHCP to get an internal IP number from the router and that was changed, so the port forward(s) need to be changed

My direct e-mail address is dj0qn (at) darc.de if you want direct help.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Mike Cotton - K4RUM

• View Profile
Re: How to I regain CAT control of TS-480?
« Reply #2 on: 2015-08-25, 14:08:01 »
I was successful in my efforts to regain CAT control of my TS-480.  To do so, I:

1.  removed the USB cable from the Control RRC to my computer;

2.  went into the Control RRC serial settings, changed "Use USB Com Port as COM2" from Yes to No and applied the change;

3.  changed "Use USB Com Port as COM2" from No to Yes and applied the change;

4.  installed the USB cable from the Control RRC to my computer;

5.  rebooted my computer; and

6.  configured N1MM+ for CAT control.