Author Topic: Nano App Assistance  (Read 7049 times)

W7HLO

• View Profile
    • Email
Nano App Assistance
« on: 2015-10-28, 17:41:46 »
I installed a serial cable between my radio RRC and my TS-480 and just downloaded the Android Nano app for Kenwood.  I entered my SIP Contact info for my radio RRC, double checked my UDP settings, and pressed the connect button.The button changes to read "Disconnect" and that's as far as the app goes.  It never actually connects to the radio RRC.  No frequency display, etc.  The radio is functioning normally when used with the Control RRC.

I thought I could try this out once or twice and if I liked it then purchase the license.  Is that not the case?  Do I need to buy the license to get it to work or am I missing something else.  This is the current version of the app and I have no previously installed versions or server on the Android.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Nano App Assistance
« Reply #1 on: 2015-10-28, 18:43:47 »
Have you tried to use CAT with this setup first using another RRC? Assuming that you have one,  then I would first try that out. If that works,  then you can focus on the Nano. Process of elimination is very important in debugging this type of problem.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Gesendet von meinem SM-T810 mit Tapatalk

sm2sum

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2015-10-28, 18:44:38 »
(*) Both Kenwood and Yaesu transceivers need the RTS and CTS pins to be strapped together.
JMP-3 inside the box can be used to strap them if you want to use a standard fully connected cable   (page 17 in RRC-manual)
and also add settings for com 2 inRRC.

Good luck
K3 twin
Mobile internet
Dovado router

W7HLO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-10-28, 19:09:53 »
Thanks for you comments/suggestions.

1)  Jumper 3 is in place on the RRC's
2)  COM2 settings are per the TS-480 manual.  Baud 9600, 8 bits, 1 stop bit.
3)  I don't currently have another CAT in place at the Control RRC but agree with Mitch that would be a good start.  I'll see what I can do with that.

sm2sum

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2015-10-28, 19:44:55 »
I just started nano with a ts480 and it works great
First the diod must be green if it is red something is wrong.
Look on ports if you have an old setup 5060...11000...120000.
Nano has other ports as default.
If you have matching ports try delete settings restart your phone and write the settings again
K3 twin
Mobile internet
Dovado router

W7HLO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2015-10-28, 23:22:06 »
Mitch - I took your advice and purchased a USB to Serial converter and downloaded ARCP-480.  Plugged the serial cable into COM2 of my Control RRC and have perfect control of the radio.  Thus confirming that CAT is working.

SM2SUM - When I press "Connect" the button label changes to "Disconnect" and the bar underneath the label is green.  When you say the diode must be green I'm not sure if you are referring to the colored bar on the button or what looks like an LED under the PTT Hold checkbox.  That dot was originally RED.

I have confirmed that all of the port numbers in the app match those in the RRC.

I'm an iPhone user not Android so not very familiar with Android.  I went into Settings - Application Manager - Force quit the app, cleared all of it's data, rebooted the tablet, reentered all of my settings and now what looks like an LED under the PTT Hold checkbox is green.

Everything appears to be working great now.  Thanks for the assistance.

I'm assuming I need to go purchase the nano license or this will stop working soon.  I'm happy to do so in hopes that by supporting this endeavor we'll see added features in the future. 

I do have a question regarding the license.  There is a license for Kenwood and an Add-on License for Kenwood.  Given that I have a pair of RRC's which of these two do I need.  I'm not sure what they mean by Add-on.  Does that mean add on to my RRC's or does that mean you're adding on an additional nano app?

« Last Edit: 2015-10-29, 00:27:25 by W7HLO »

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2015-10-29, 01:48:55 »
Glad you confirmed that CAT works. That limits the problem to a Nano configuration or other problem not related
to your RRC setup.

BTW, you could have saved on the serial converter....the RRC has one built-in. All you do is change the COM2
settings on use COM2 as USB to YES and plug a USB cable into the RRC.

As for your question: I have nothing to do with selling the app and the guys in Sweden are asleep now. I am sure
that they will answer in a few hours (I moved to the States last week, so I am on your time now).

I can tell you that there used to be two apps needed for a connect, a server app and the main rig app, but they
eliminated the server app some time ago. If you have this server app installed, then you must remove it to
make Nano work.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

roland

« Reply #7 on: 2015-10-29, 08:22:53 »
I do have a question regarding the license.  There is a license for Kenwood and an Add-on License for Kenwood.  Given that I have a pair of RRC's which of these two do I need.  I'm not sure what they mean by Add-on.  Does that mean add on to my RRC's or does that mean you're adding on an additional nano app?

The Add-On price is if you need a second app for another radio. Say you have the Kenwood app and want to but the Yaesu app. Then you will pay the Yaesu as and Add-On for a lower price.

If you have an App ... say Kenwood and need to install it two phones you may do so using the same license. Just mail us with the ID of both phones.

W7HLO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2015-10-29, 15:30:16 »
Thanks for the explanation Roland.  I'll purchase a license today.

roland

« Reply #9 on: 2015-10-29, 15:32:35 »
Thanks for the explanation Roland.  I'll purchase a license today.
Nice :)

W7HLO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: 2015-10-29, 22:43:35 »
Hi Roland,

I ran into some issues when trying to order this license.  The first time I tried to use the PayPal option but with a credit card rather than using a PayPal account.  I tried three times and it would not let me complete the order unless I set up a PayPal account which I'm unwilling to do.  I believe that order is #5418 in your system and is still shown as being pending.  I was unable to find a way to cancel it.

Then I used the other option (BBS/Netexept/MasterCard/Visa) and managed to place the order.  However at no time was I given the option of entering in the license id # found on the SIP page of the app.  Your instructions on the web say to enter this ID number along with your call sign during the ordering process but I was never given that option.  How to I activate this license?

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: 2015-10-30, 07:59:26 »
You are supposed to add that info in the "Add Comments About Your Order" field when placing the order ;)
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.