Author Topic: Elecraft K3 CW in SSB Mode  (Read 5725 times)

w9ac

• View Profile
    • Email
Elecraft K3 CW in SSB Mode
« on: 2015-05-29, 22:58:16 »
The K3 has the ability to run CW in SSB mode.  I have activated that feature in the K3 menu, but the RemoteRig RRC is not keying the K3 transmitter with output power.  Is CW in SSB mode possible?  I went to the remote site today just to confirm that the K3 by itself does indeed key CW in SSB mode.  Ideas?  Tnx!

Paul, W9AC 

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Elecraft K3 CW in SSB Mode
« Reply #1 on: 2015-06-01, 09:01:03 »
Hi
The CW function in the Remoterig system is totally independent of what program mode or radio you are using, or in which mode a radio is. The CW signal is always transferred so it's a matter of settings in the K3 it self.

73 de mike

w9ac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2015-06-02, 05:42:18 »
The problem is now corrected: On the Radio RRC, under Keyer Settings, I had to disable "PTT activated by Keyer."  It is now set to NO.  In this configuration, the K3s will transmit in CW and SSB mode when the K3 menu allows for CW transmission in SSB mode. 
This setting also fixed the CW QSK switching time.  It was slightly slow before, now it is super fast. 

Paul, W9AC

VO1HP

• View Profile
    • VO1HP
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-11, 19:50:17 »
I have K3 Mini and K3 Remote
I also set this PTT parameter to NO and now CW in SSB works.
Also can key the rig in CW mode with VOX turned OFF.  So PTT is coming from some other source?

Still trying to figure out why I have no SSB output - which is unrelated to the PTT issue,

Frank VO1HP
Frank
VO1HP
K3Mini-K3-RemoteRig