Author Topic: Audio Feedback??  (Read 3478 times)

W9KB

• View Profile
    • Email
Audio Feedback??
« on: 2010-11-17, 19:26:21 »
I have been getting complaints about 'feedback' on my remote signal. Many listeners state that is sounds PA feedback, not RF. I have tried many different settings jitter delay, buffer size etc. to no avail.

I have a MicroHam interface back in the shack... probably the root cause. However, I thought I would query the group for suggestions I have been using v2.20, but recently moved to v2.27.

Thanks in advance
Ken-W9KB

W9KB

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Audio Feedback??
« Reply #1 on: 2010-11-19, 14:48:58 »
Audio feedback probelm solved after hours of setting changes, software changes (2.20 vs 2.27), changes to my MicroHam router interface.

The solution(?) was simple. While playing with HRD adjusting my rigs microphone gain, I noticed on my Pro III band scope (via remote camera), that the problem when away with zero mic gain, came back with any significant gain. I set the AF volume to zero, same thing. Next adjusted thae AF gain back to mid range, problem 'disappeared'.

The crazy thing is.. I had rebooted the system a number of times (changing software versions & settings) and power cycled both RRC devices and the remote radio many times. Adjusting the rig AF several times, including zero.

Maybe the problem will 'reappear' in the future, but today the system is behaving properly.

Ken-W9KB