Author Topic: Tri-tones when powering on K3/0 mini  (Read 3652 times)

K5ZM

• View Profile
Tri-tones when powering on K3/0 mini
« on: 2016-02-06, 07:09:11 »
This is a first -which isn't too surprising since it was also the first time powering on the K3/0 mini with the RRC box inline. I was met with a series of loud tri-tones upon powering up the K3/0 mini. I was attempting to connect to one of the stations on the RHR network at the time. Tried another station with the same result. Then I logged out of the (RHR) system and powered the radio on again. This time, I got a series of 6 even tones. Then I disconnected the RRCMINICBL from the back of the 'radio' and powered on again. This time, I was met with expected behaviour :)

So I'm guessing that the RRC box is misconfigured in one way or another. I've been rereading info in the Microbit setup app; the RRC user manual; the K3/0 mini manual, and the RHR help data just to cover all my bases. Nothing immediately jumps out at me as being a red flag or otherwise out of place. That said, I've no problem admitting that this new (to me) remoting tech is just a bit beyond me so I'm probably just not seeing something I ought to be.

Has anyone experienced this behaviour before?

K3/0 mini FW is current and the RRC box has 2.85 (the RHR guys warn not to go beyond this version as anything newer is incompatible).

tnx es 73

Ian, K5ZM

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Tri-tones when powering on K3/0 mini
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-06, 15:46:20 »
It's a congestion tone which is common in europe it means that that the other subscriber is not reachable.

Look at the status page it will probably show what's wrong, I guess that you have set the dns ip wrong so the ddns host name can not be resolved.

73 de mike

K5ZM

• View Profile
Re: Tri-tones when powering on K3/0 mini
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-18, 05:29:30 »
Tnx, Mike. Sorry for the late reply. Good news is this has been nicely -and easily- resolved, and I've been up and running for a week or so now :)