Author Topic: Insanity  (Read 4584 times)

W9KB

• View Profile
    • Email
Insanity
« on: 2010-11-16, 19:00:17 »
Insanity can sometimes be defined as doing the same things over and over expecting different results. Well I installed the latest 2.27 update since I have a PC Client on order, but I can not get HRD to connect. This was the same as 2.26 & 2.25. My HRD is only happy with 2.20...

Early in my intial setup my radio side box quit rebooting after any changes were made to the setting or software level. The only way I can reboot is to power cycle the device. I wonder if the new install is fully configured properly without the normal reboot cycle happening, maybe some corruption occurs when I update.

I am miles away from my remote radio and can not touch it for 5 more months.

Any thoughts?

Ken-W9KB

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Insanity
« Reply #1 on: 2010-11-16, 20:37:25 »
This feels contradictory somehow. You say you are able to upgrade to new firmware in the RRC and at the same time it can't reboot on settings submission any more? Updating the firmware requires the device being able to reboot in the same way as submitting settings does.

Also, are you using the PC client right now when HRD doesn't work or are you using some other configuration?
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

W9KB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2010-11-16, 22:21:16 »
You may have missed my point. I can install the new software, however, the radio side device hangs up and does not reboot automatically. I physcially have to power cycle device to reboot. It does not reboot via command on that side either, remote side is okay.

After I power cycle, I check software level and it indicates newer level.

My query is whether this may be the root cause of HRD not connecting above 2.20.

Ken-W9KB

W9KB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2010-11-17, 03:00:35 »
I believe my problem was failure to reread the updated manual for newer releases. I read in another posting, regarding HRD issues, that com 2 mode setting must be set to  ''logically parallel com 0" for proper communication with my Icom Pro III.

Will update and test tomorrow.

Ken-W9KB

W9KB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2010-11-17, 04:41:34 »
Success!

Ken-W9KB