RRC-Micro PC Client in English > General discussion

RRC-Micro 1.10 beta, 1274B 2 beta and RRC-1258 2.91 beta (CW support)

(1/5) > >>

Jan (Microbit):
We have published beta versions of RRC-Micro(1.10.0), 1274B(2) and RRC-1258(2.91) that add support for CW using external paddles connected to the 1274 USB Dongle's AUX connector. If you would like to give it a try then you need to upgrade 1274B's and radio RRC-1258's firmware in addition to upgrade the RRC-Micro software.

Read about how to upgrade the 1274B firmware here: http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=3370.

The keyer/CW function must also be enabled in RRC-Micro. That is done on a new tab called 'Keyer':

The side tone is locally generated in the PC and can be tested that it works by clicking the "Toggle tone" button. When sending CW there might be a 'click' sound at the beginning and the end of the tone. It's caused by how the PC starts and stops playing the 'beep' and is not possible to eliminate.

LF delay is used to cancel echo from the CW transmission in the radio.

Download RRC-Micro from here: http://www.remoterig.com/firmwares/RRCMicro_1.10.1.zip

RRC-1258 version 2.91 from here: www.remoterig.com/firmwares/RRC1258-CRC-v2.91_2016-05-12-BETA.zip

and 1274B version 2 from here: remoterig.com/firmwares/1274B-2016-05-03-v2.zip

We hope that it works and that you find it useful!  8)

KB8CR:
This will only work with the 1274B dongle?  Is there any upgrade path for those of us who have the 1274A?

Charlie
KB8CR

sm2o:
Hi

The 1274A cannot be upgraded to work as a 1274B the hardware is totally different. I suggest you sell the 1274A to somebody who do not need the CW support.

73 de mike

KB8CR:
I got the new 1274B dongle at Dayton. I installed the new firmware per the instructions in the dongle.

I installed version 1.10.0 of RCC Micro. When running it, I get the message "Value of '20' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between "Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value

Do you have a solution?

Charlie KB8CR

DL7AA:
I have the same problem as described in the last post.

I first installed the new dongle firmware, this worked as described. After installing the new RRCMicro-Software I get the message "Value of '20' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between "Minimum' and 'Maximum'. Parameter name: Value"

73, Alex
DL7AA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version