Author Topic: Problem with N1MM+ and TS-480  (Read 5447 times)

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
Problem with N1MM+ and TS-480
« on: 2016-05-28, 01:06:17 »
Hello to the group.
IN preparing for the CQWW CW contest I am running into a couple of issues. First, I am not able to use the CW macros as when I right click on the macro buttons the program indicates that the Mode Control is in RTTY and not CW. I have also posted this issue to the N1MM+ user group.
The second issue is loosing CAT control on a regular basis. It works for a minute or so then I get an error that the Radio COM CAT port is not installed. Yet I do see the correct com port in Device Manager.

I am using a Kenwood TS-480 transceiver and am at the remote radio location.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciate. Shouldn't have waited to test the radio so close to the contest but thought everything was working.

Serge
VA3SB

I am using a

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Problem with N1MM+ and TS-480
« Reply #1 on: 2016-05-30, 10:20:31 »
Which firmware version does the RRC have?
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

W1UE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-05-30, 14:20:05 »
Serge
This is an N1MM issue.  You have a setting wrong in the program.  Since I worked you in WPX, I can only assume you got it fixed! 
It has nothing to with Remote Rig.
Dennis W1UE

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-06-01, 17:53:54 »
Hi Dennis. Thank you for your response. My apologies as I have had a number of issues with the remote station and unable to get access to it.
I could not figure out the problem so for the CWWW WPX contest I hooked up a FT3K at the remote location.

I ended up finding an issue with the baud rate (4800 vs 57600) in the setup for the radio RRC and that appears to have rectified the CAT connection issue. For whatever reason the macro issue also resolved itself. So for the time being all is back to normal.

Serge
VA3SB

Serge_VA3SB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-06-01, 17:55:59 »
Hi Jan. Thank you for your response.

I am using the next to last version of the software. I was ready to upgrade to the most recent version but when I ran into problems I thought it best to hold off until I resolved my CAT / Macro issue (which seems to have been resolved).

I will upgrade to the latest version over the next day or so.

Serge
VA3SB