Author Topic: K3 Mini won't turn on K3. but all works well after K3 turned on manually  (Read 4056 times)

W2SM

• View Profile
    • Email
I've had the K3 Mini working over my LAN to my K3 without a problem.  All of a sudden, when I turn the Mini on, the K3 doesn't come on.  If I turn the K3 on manually, then the system works fine..... I can control everything from the mini.... including shutting it and the K3 down.  However, when I go to turn it on again, the same thing happens .. the mini fires up but I have to turn the K3 on manually.  And once I do, the system works perfectly.

I've checked and double checked all the settings and cabling, and they seem correct to me.  Anyone have an idea what is happening?

Jim
W2SM

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Jim,

The remote K3 is turned on using  the cable that connects between the RRC's I/O jack to the K3's ACC jack. That is where you need to
concentrate your troubleshooting.

The only other thing I can think of is that you changed the I/O settings in the RRC so that it no longer works.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

W2SM

• View Profile
    • Email
Mitch

I had a feeling that I might have screwed up a setting, so this morning I reset both units to the factory settings and started anew.  I can "see" both units and their IP addresses in the set/up "find" window of setup manager, so I think they are communicating.  I also made sure that the radio settings were set for my K3.  After having done that, the situation is worse!

When I turn on the mini, the k3 still doesn't turn on, and now after it is turned on manually, the mini can't control it.  I've checked the cable and it seems secure.  I even connected my regular micro ham USB III device to make certain that there wasn't a problem with the K3 acc jack and it worked fine, so that is ruled out.  Unless there is a hardware failure, which is hardly likely, there must be some settings that still are not correct.

Any suggestions as to what could be happening here?

Jim
W2SM

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Jim,

That was probably the worst thing you could have done, unless you saved the settings before and imported them,
or re-entered them manually at least. Just because you see them in the Setup Manager does not mean they are
"communicating".

Before we continue, can you reload your previous settings? All we needed to look at is the I/O settings, but now
maybe the rest is messed-up as well.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

W2SM

• View Profile
    • Email
S,,,!!!!!

No, I don't have the old settings.  However, this was a new install, and I think the only settings I changed were the radio and IP.

Teamviewer is up and running and you can take a look if that helps..... ID 120 376 633   Password 6817

Jim

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Jim,

I just got a notice on Tapatalk on your message. I am not home this afternoon, so I hope to take a look this evening when I get home.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Gesendet von meinem STV100-1 mit Tapatalk