Author Topic: Remote Rig 1258MkII Control and Radio RRC Jumper Strappings  (Read 3224 times)

Michael

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi All:

Last night, I got my XYL to put the jumpers in place in both the Control and Radio RRC units. I'm a blind ham and required sighted assistance. 
1ST of all, is it normal to open both units and have no jumpers installed? This was the case with mine.
So, my XYL had to strap according to my radio, (Yaesu 2k type) the mic jacks.  As a result, she couldn't strap the RTS/CTS Comm 2 port together.
The reason is one of the required slots is taken up by the mic jumpers in each unit.
Will this cause RS-232 operation to not be possible? Did the mic jacks absolutely have to be strapped?
As I said above, there were no jumpers installed what so ever and with out them, I don't see the RJ-45 mic jacks functioning unless there's other
wiring you don't see. 

Michael

Michael

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Remote Rig 1258MkII Control and Radio RRC Jumper Strappings
« Reply #1 on: 2010-12-10, 14:32:02 »
Yes as every brand, ICOM,Yaesu, Kenwood etc has there own configuration of the Mic Jack, thats why the boxes are not strapped before shipping. The RTS/CTS strap you write about between pin 7 and 8 in COM-2 are already in place when the boxes are shipped.

I understand the strapping can be difficult for blind people. I have helped a few who have asked me to configure the boxes before shipping, and we will do it again if we know about it before we ship the boxes.

I hope you will be on the air soon.

73 de mike