Author Topic: Audio splitting from ts480  (Read 5433 times)

hb9gce

• View Profile
    • Email
Audio splitting from ts480
« on: 2010-12-27, 17:29:58 »
Hi all
I am preparing my installation and I would like to use it also with HamRadioDeluxe. If I control the TS480 with HRD, can I split the audio signal from the Spekaer output of the ts480, one cable to the line in of the pc and the other cable to the speaker in of the box.
I have only a great problem: the remote rig is 350km far from my qth and I cannot test the station before returning to my QTH , if something goes wrong I can use the alternate audio from the PC via Skype and remote control software.
Has anyone already experience with this solution?
Thanks to all
73s de HB9GCE
Andy

ON4AOI

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Audio splitting from ts480
« Reply #1 on: 2010-12-28, 08:23:34 »
Andy,
is there no way you can take a laptop with you and try it in a open wifi area there
or via 3G modem

Guy ON4AOI

HB9AZT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2010-12-28, 11:40:39 »
No problem to split the audio of the ts-480 at the remote site, audio is available at the ext spkr jack under a small cover at the front of the rig. there is a second audio source available at the remote jack, so you can take one audio cable from the speaker jack and the other from the remote jack. At the control site you may use the built-in speaker in the panel of the ts-480 and the spkr-jack of the control box at the same time.

73 de Mark, HB9AZT

hb9gce

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2010-12-29, 20:43:12 »
Thanks Guy and Mark
Unfortunately I have no cable here for the remote audio output of the ts480, but this is in fact not a tragedy. Yes, I have a laptop, but what should I test with it? I can ping the fixed IP of the remote PC, switch off and on the ts480 via HRD and control the remote PC via TeamViewer, but this is not sufficient, what I need is to be 100% sure that all connections of the boxes are OK when I return to my QTH.
But this is also not so tragic if I can control the remote PC and router from the local QTH, I hope....
73s de HB9GCE
andy

KP4TR

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2011-01-02, 16:51:47 »
I have amost the same exact setup you have, using HamRadioDeluxe with a TS480 and a RigBlaster as well. I use the speaker audio from speaker jack going directly to RemoteRig box, but audio going to PC comes from data jack. I built my own cable using 6 pin DIN plug going straight to the PC soundcard LINE input (not MIC). I prefer using audio from data jack because it is fixed audio not affected by volume, and it is audio level suited for a PC sound card.

I also connected COM port from PC to TS480HX and setup HRD remote setup so I can run HRD remotely as a server. I also did same with a Kenwood TS2000 since I have 2 RemoteRigs both setup to use HRD and both with Rigblasters.

Using VNC, I can do digital modes on the local PC, but I have tested doing SSTV using my remote station quite succesfully as well.

hb9gce

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2011-01-12, 21:33:05 »
HI
for info to all: RIG is now perfeclty working !
73s de hb9gce
andy