Author Topic: Feature Request: Profiles  (Read 16331 times)

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Feature Request: Profiles
« Reply #15 on: 2010-12-17, 11:11:29 »
That is GREAT news, Jan! Thanks to you and the developers on moving so
quickly on this request.

I am waiting to board my plane for a long vacation, so testing from my side
will have till wait until January. I am sure the others will enjoy the new
profile feature. I will need this feature as soon as I return to install eight
RRC's.

I wish you and the RemoteRig team happy holidays and a successful 2011!

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

dj4mz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-12-17, 12:33:22 »
Hi Jan,

I assume you have seen this thread:
http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=525.msg1874#msg1874
? ;)

yes already noticed that! Tks. I will try a.s.a.p. (hope this weekend). As I'm updating from V 2.06, are there any things I have to keep in mind besides the note in V2.09?
Configurable outputs on Radio-RRC, can be WEB-controlled, controlled by PTT etc.
  Attention! If you have used the inputs or outputs for ex. CW you must reconfigure them
I'm using the PAD jack at the remote site to connect the RRC to the TRX CW input.

vy 73
Simon, DJ4MZ

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: 2010-12-17, 14:03:59 »
That is GREAT news, Jan! Thanks to you and the developers on moving so
quickly on this request.

I am waiting to board my plane for a long vacation, so testing from my side
will have till wait until January. I am sure the others will enjoy the new
profile feature. I will need this feature as soon as I return to install eight
RRC's.

I wish you and the RemoteRig team happy holidays and a successful 2011!

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX
I am not sure Simon, DJ4MZ agrees with you in saying we were quick as he suggested something similar long ago ;)

Me too wants a long vacation somewhere warm! The forecast says -30 - -40C coming days...

Really wish the upgrade goes smooth and that there are no nasty bugs lurking in some dark corner, hehe! (Though others might have spotted them before you get to update yourself ;) )

A Merry Christmas etc to you too!
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: 2010-12-17, 14:19:11 »
yes already noticed that! Tks. I will try a.s.a.p. (hope this weekend). As I'm updating from V 2.06, are there any things I have to keep in mind besides the note in V2.09?
Hmm.. v2.06 is rather old and lots of things have changed since then. The upgrade process should as usual try its best to upgrade the settings to the new format, but of course it will put more "strain" on it making a leap like that. So I really do not know if there are something special you should look out for, except for checking that the settings are ok after the upgrade, and possible take screen shots of the settings before, in case you haven't a built-in non volatile photographic memory ;)

Also after upgrading to 2.30 you can start using the export(bin) feature to make backups of the settings in case something happens in the future making it necessary to reconfigure the device.
« Last Edit: 2010-12-19, 18:40:08 by Jan (Microbit) »

dj4mz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-12-19, 12:32:31 »
Hi Jan and all others,

I did it  ;D Yes I upgraded my device from V2.06 to V2.30!

First of all the good news: It worked flawlessly! It looks like all settings have been correctly transfered to the new version (as far as I have seen up to now). Below there is a list with differences, pitfalls one should have in mind when upgrading from a very old, i.e. 11 month, firmware.

• After the upgrade do not only press the status link in the menu on the left, but reload the whole page! Otherwise you will not see new menu items!
  • I'm using a Icom IC706MKIIG. When powering on the rig there is now a short low frequency beep, that hasn't been there so far. I don't care, because after the beep everything works as before!
  • To again get the keyer working you have to set the OUT2 mode to "Keyer" in the I/O settings menu on the radio side. See change notes for V2.09!
  • I had to significantly increase (from 50 to 120) the "Lf delay ms" parameter in the Keyer settins menu on the control side to get rid of "echos". Is there a reason for this? All other parameters haven't been changed!

Besides these points everything seems to work as before and I'm very happy with it, already have saved the settings  :)

I will comment on the new keyer mode Iambic-A2 in the appropriate thread.

Jan, -30 to -40 is the best weather to sit in the shack, power up ALL rig you have especially all amplifiers and simply enjoy ham radio! WX here at the moment: sunny +2 deg C.

vy 73 and merry xmas!
Simon, DJ4MZ

dj4mz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-12-20, 22:52:08 »
Hi Jan,

unfortunately I have to come back to this topic.

Yesterday after the update I just tested with CW and not with phone. Today when trying to operate on the local UHF relais I recognized that TX audio is sometimes there and sometimes not! If TX audio goes away, then sometimes also RX audio is missing. It returnes after some while and stays available until I again try to transmitt. At that point TX may work or not  ??? It very seldom happens, that even though PTT is pressed the TRX switches back to RX (of course with no RX audio). Looks very much like the SIP stream has been lost.

When this happens I can see RTP timeout time in the Remote RRC going down from 60 step by step until approx. 40 (or even less), then jumping back to 60 and everything works fine again for a few seconds.

Ping round trip time is 30...35ms.

Any hints?

More than ever: NEVER change a running system!
Simon

Edit: Looks like it does not really have to do with transmitting or not. Just have been monitoring the RTP timeout value in the Remote RRC. It is normally reading 60, and TX is possible. Suddenly the value starts to decrease and from that point on no TX audio is there. At some point, mostly at values arount 40, it jumps back to 60 and TX audio again is present. After some seconds the value again is decreasing and TX audio disappears.
« Last Edit: 2010-12-20, 23:01:21 by dj4mz »

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: 2010-12-21, 06:42:45 »
The topic of this thread is "Profiles", this behaviour is something I can't see has something to do with profiles as such, at least not in a "direct" way, but I understand what you mean  ;)

Can't say now what could be the cause of this, but your description of what happens should help a lot. Obviously the audio stream "stalls" for a awhile, but why is the question of the day...

And yes, if you don't want new feature etc, then upgrading isn't for you  ;)

dj4mz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-12-21, 09:37:20 »
The topic of this thread is "Profiles", this behaviour is something I can't see has something to do with profiles as such, at least not in a "direct" way, but I understand what you mean  ;)

Can't say now what could be the cause of this, but your description of what happens should help a lot. Obviously the audio stream "stalls" for a awhile, but why is the question of the day...

And yes, if you don't want new feature etc, then upgrading isn't for you  ;)

You are right! I opened a new topic to follow this "problem".
http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=532.0

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: 2011-01-12, 10:44:42 »
I arrived home in Munich this past weekend, and have been trying out the new
profiles feature with the two sites I currently am using.

It appears to work very well and I have had no problems at all. Just what was
needed! Thanks again!

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX