RRC 1258 Support in English > Configuration, RRC 1258

How to configure IC-7100 radio to work with 2 local controllers

<< < (2/2)

dj0qn:
I am not sure why it shouldn't work. All you have to do is to access the radio RRC's web page
and change one setting. It should work just fine. I haven't tried using an RRC Micro with the
IC-7100, but maybe nothing needs to be changed. The version 2 of the RRC Micro also supports
use of a paddle.

When I used to "snow bird" in Florida before moving here when I retired, I was really lazy and
had extra RRC's and TS-480 and K3/0 control heads here. Now I have four sets of them on my desk  :)

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

KB8CR:
The problem is if I change the radio RRC to CI-V mode, I can't turn the radio on/off. The radio would have to already be on, and then the RJ45 on the Radio RRC would connect to the MIC input on the radio, not the control head port of the radio. Then it wouldn't work with the control head in remote use.

I have the newer Micro RRC software and version 2 dongle, it keeps disconnecting for some reason. and the paddle CW is very flaky. I've all but given up on it.

Yea, it would be nice to just buy another control head and leave it in Florida, but it's pretty steep price.

Charlie KB8CR

In the future, I might take my IC-706 that I originally used for remoterig, and leave its control head and a Control RRC down there, and use IT remotely. (It's just sitting in the closet otherwise. :-)

dj0qn:
Not correct. As I wrote before, you can use the RRC's web interface to connect. When you
switch to CI-V mode, there will be a button "connect" there to press.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

KB8CR:
I know....that will connect the RRC's together just fine......but it won't turn the POWER to the radio on or off.

dj0qn:
Yes it will!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version