Author Topic: Router configuration  (Read 4188 times)

W7UV

• View Profile
    • Email
Router configuration
« on: 2018-05-13, 04:15:18 »
Can someone send me the proper port forwarding for RRC1258 MKII.    The units talk just fine on the same network.   I'm seeing the DDNS on remote rig, and can look at the remote unit from the control unit internet (I'm using two separate internets from separate providers in my house).   

Also I'm confused about the sip password.... I can only enter it in one unit... is it called something else in the other unit.... is it supposed to be the ddns password that ddns.remoterig.com auto generates.   Has someone made up a step by step setup manual for the 1258?   I realize that configurations vary from user to user... but stuff like whether to use udp or tcp on port forwarding would simplify things.

I was getting sip errors, but through changing dozens of possible things, I have gotten rid of the sip errors, but get the three tone "telephone" tones and the yellow flashing light on the front panel.

Any ideas, anyone?

Joe W7UV

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Router configuration
« Reply #1 on: 2018-05-13, 04:25:14 »
Hi Joe,

Drop me a short mail to dj0qn (at) darc.de and I will send you my networking checklist that explains
the setup procedure.

The SIP password should be in both units. I think you are confusing it with the SIP contact, which is
only in the control RRC.

Anyway, my checklist will go into detail if you want it.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

W7UV

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Router configuration
« Reply #2 on: 2018-05-13, 05:15:54 »
All:

I'm good to go... I had misspelled my sip password on the remote unit... reverse two letters,  problems solved.

Thanks Mitch!

Joe W7UV