Author Topic: Going Mobile  (Read 1854 times)

ZL1CTS

• View Profile
    • Email
Going Mobile
« on: 2022-03-27, 04:29:22 »
Hi all

I have a 7100 head unit n the car and base at home, using the cell phone network for connectivity.
anyone have any experience with the audio coding and what may work best, seems cell phone data on 4g, doesnt have enough bandwidth to keep it working, so I am experiencing dropouts. not expecting it to be 100% solid connection.

any thoughts?

thanks

VE3VEE

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Going Mobile
« Reply #1 on: 2022-04-10, 22:33:01 »
I use LTE while in car and also LTE in my remote QTH. My settings on both ends are "2 - Linear 16 Bits 8 kHz". It is very good, very close to 100%, but I must say the Internet speeds have improved here over the past few years and my driving is mostly in a large city.

Marvin VE3VEE

ZL1CTS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2022-04-10, 23:52:22 »
Hi

thanks for the reply, it appears to now be working ok, I think the mobile phone network was not letting the higher ports through, I dropped them down to 444/445/446 and now all working, the phone network sometimes drops my connection, but has been pretty solid on my journey to work for the last week.
quite nice having 40m-70cms without having to stop and change antennas, can even use a beam while mobile !! just not sure what my prefix it now /P /M !!
Cheers

Cliff

VE3VEE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2022-04-10, 23:58:04 »
Cliff,

No /P and no /M either ha ha ha :-)

Enjoy! It's fun. Probably a half of my DX has been worked while in car, but I don't tell people I'm "mobile" with a 6 element 20m monobander 30 meters high and a kW.  ;D ;D ;D

Marvin VE3VEE