Author Topic: Wifi Module Bad  (Read 3741 times)

PA5VEN

• View Profile
    • Email
Wifi Module Bad
« on: 2018-11-11, 12:48:23 »
Hello, I got two RRC 1258 sets (4) and also two of my friends own the same (we work with iCom 7100) but we all came to the conclusion that the wifi module is a piece of cr*p!

With all possible setups with 5 different routers/accespoints ALWAYs dropouts, dropout and dropouts........ We now all use very little Nexx routers (external usb feeded hardware) and use this with a cat5 cable hardwired to the remoterig and that will do the job. None of us was ever able to get those wifi modules working properly. (PA9LEX PA5VEN and PD9C)

Other than that: Remoterig rules!

73, Sven

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Wifi Module Bad
« Reply #1 on: 2018-11-11, 17:16:10 »
There are two advantages of using an external WiFi Bridge:

1) 5 GHz band
2) You can use a public hotspot like a hotel to log into a web page to access the internet, the built-in card does not allow that

Otherwise, the internal card does not take up any more space if you can live with its limitations.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

PA5VEN

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2018-11-11, 22:35:49 »
That's why I posted this complain. Get the RR, but leave that wifi module alone.... It's bad....

73, Sven

G3TKF

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2018-11-12, 12:02:12 »
Same problem here !
I've tried with lots of different WiFi setups assuming it was lack of bandwidth ... It's OK on SSB/FM but CW gives drops and irregular characters .
Does anyone have any suggestions ? I've tried changing from Iambic A to Iambic B as suggested elswhere on this group - no difference.

Robin
G3TKF

PD1IM

• MSN Messenger - ingmar77@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2018-12-16, 12:17:03 »
Wifi module works only in 2,4Ghz, not on 5Ghz.