RRC 1258 Support in English > Configuration, RRC 1258

Configuration of N1MM with K3 Twins RRC 1258

<< < (2/4) > >>

N2SO:
Oh, yes I plugged the RS232 cable on the remote K3 into COM2 on the back of the remote RRC.

dj0qn:
Hi Charles,

This is the sort of thing you should have sent me directly and not over this Forum.

Anyway, like I wrote before, there are no RRC settings beyond serial that affect CAT at
all. You need to look at the settings in N1MM. The RRC settings are fine.

Do you have a USB to serial converter available, preferably with an FTDI chip? If so, use
that instead of the USB cable on COM1 of the RRC. In that case, you would need to set
“Use USB Com Port as COM1” to NO and use the serial port of the converter cable. You may
be experiencing driver problems with the RRC's built-in converter. That occurs a lot.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

N2SO:
Sorry about the attachments, Mitch. It certainly won't happen again. I do have such a cable which I purchased from Elecraft. I removed the other USB cable and plugged the KUSB  to COM1 on the RRC and to my Lap Top. I changed the serial setting on the RRC to "Use USB COM port to COM 1" to NO.  The device manager assigned COM3 to this cable. When I changed the N1MM port for the K3 radio to COM3  and pressed OK, I got a blinking red light on the Cable and the same message of no communication. Perhaps there is something wrong with the cable? Or driver settings? What about the K3 emulator?

Thanks again, Mitch.

73 Charles N2SO

dj0qn:
Hi Charles,

Hard to say, at least that should have worked. I still think the problem is with N1MM somewhere.

Let's make a time for me to take a look using Teamviewer. Please contact me directly to arrange it.
I think that I will be home on Sunday afternoon.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

N2SO:
That would be great Mitch. I am assuming you are in the Eastern Time Zone? I am presently in LA so I am guessing 2hrs from now or later? Just text or call me at 718.612.2019 when you are ready and I will have everything up and running.

73, Charles N2SO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version