RRC-Nano > General

Nano and TS-480

<< < (2/2)

sa5alt:
Hi Mitch,

apologies for being unclear. What I meant is that if I'm connected to the local network (192.168.190.0/24) and using the remoterig local IP (192.168.190.35), then the setup works perfectly with Nano. However, if I disconnect my phone from the local network and instead run it against the cellular network (HSPA+ over 3G), *and* replace the IP I connect to with the DDNS domain name resolving to the external port of the router, then it does not work currently. So there's something in the port forwarding or so that doesn't quite work, and I've yet to figure out that. It doesn't seem to be a Nano issue per se though (even if some additional debug information would be nice).

Best and 73,
Jonas

sa5alt:
It feels I'm spamming the forum now, but I got it to work unexpectedly. It turns out that (at least my version/setup) of the RRC Nano doesn't work well with DNS lookups. The problem was not NAT-related at all. If I, instead of using my DDNS name as the contact in RRC Nano, used the external IP number (77.22.40....), it works with the port forwarding I have in place.

Best and 73,
Jonas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version