Author Topic: Firmware 2.35?  (Read 4353 times)

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Firmware 2.35?
« on: 2011-03-21, 13:31:32 »
The RRC-PC Client 1.14 has been out a couple of weeks, and in the description ist says:

"– JitterSize and JitterDelay are now sent in SIP/SDP header. ( need v2.35 of RRC)"

When will 2.35 become available?

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Firmware 2.35?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-03-22, 17:44:42 »
I see that 2.35 is in the download area as of today.

Thanks & 73,
Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Chris DL5NAM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2011-03-23, 08:48:16 »
Can any explain me:

– No bootloader text on COM1 if Bootloader 1.9 is used.

Bootloader 1.9 ?

Dont know what version i am using. Info shows: Bootloader   <= 1.7 -> can be Version 0.1 or 1.0 or...

Where i can get the actual version?

Maybe this bring me a step further to get Micro Client running on Win 7 first time.

73 Chris

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-03-23, 11:42:30 »
Can any explain me:

– No bootloader text on COM1 if Bootloader 1.9 is used.

Bootloader 1.9 ?

Dont know what version i am using. Info shows: Bootloader   <= 1.7 -> can be Version 0.1 or 1.0 or...

Where i can get the actual version?

Maybe this bring me a step further to get Micro Client running on Win 7 first time.

73 Chris
In the situations where COM1 is used for relaying serial data it can't be used for terminal printouts too. Older versions of the bootloader did print text to COM1 regardless of COM1 mode. So the "terminal printout silence" was not 100% turned off until the main program(Application firmware) had started and read the settings finding that COM1 was "relaying data". Bootloader 1.9 is also capable of reading the settings and so it can also do  "terminal printout silence". This enhancement is not crucial as the devices connected to the relaying COM1 most likely ignored those printouts anyway, but it was done in order to eliminate the possibility of such interference.

As for the bootloader versions info the versions up to and including 1.7 did not "communicate" their version data to the main program so therefore it shows as <= 1.7. You don't need to worry though, the bootloader you have should work just fine.

We have not always made new versions of the bootloader available for download since the need for updating them not always is there. We use them when producing new units and also if there is a specific problem someone has.

The bootloader has nothing at all to do with the main program in the RRC, and certainly nothing to do with the Micro Client(PC).
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.