Author Topic: Rig turns off with PTT  (Read 1984 times)

tomdelaney

• w8wtd
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rig turns off with PTT
« on: 2020-06-08, 18:58:30 »
Remoterig (with IC706) has been working fine for some years now. All of a sudden, pushing the PTT causes the radio to power off.  I can reconnect immediately, but cannot transmit.  Nothing has changed, to my knowledge.  With some testing, the problem occurs on different LANs.  However, rig will operate if both units are connected to same LAN.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Rig turns off with PTT
« Reply #1 on: 2020-06-08, 21:03:25 »
Hi

Have you checked so you don't have RF feedback killing the ethernet or DSL connection. Try to reduce output power or use a Dummy load

73 de mike

tomdelaney

• w8wtd
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rig turns off with PTT
« Reply #2 on: 2020-06-09, 13:26:08 »
Mike,

Thanks for your comments.  I'll keep those in mind.  I turned things off yesterday, and when I came back this morning, I reduced power to "low" and it worked okay.  Then I brought the power back up in steps, and it keeps working.  So I don't know what is wrong, but it's working now.  When this first started, we were running a net with this station as net control.  Took eight check-ins just fine, and then the rig stopped working.  No one was at the transmit location, and nothing should have changed between the start of net and the failure.  We'll just see what happens from here. 
W8WTD