Author Topic: Cannnot Access Outside Lan  (Read 4074 times)

troynm

• View Profile
Cannnot Access Outside Lan
« on: 2020-06-16, 15:57:41 »
After several years of operation I was unable to connect to remote RRC. I brought everything home and have it setup on my home router. Control RRC is via Wi-Fi while the Remote RRC is wired. They connect together fine on my local LAN and everything works correctly.

I am not able to connect to the Remote RRC web page via my cell phone which I have been able to in the past. I was using that as a test to see if it is working correctly before I take it to the remote site. I don't recall ever having to configure my DSL router to make this work. I did go ahead and put the Remote RRC IP in the DMZ and setup Port forwarding. In addition I changed the Remote RRC web port to 918 from 80. Still no luck. I can go the the Remote Rig DNS site and pull up the status of the Remote RRC. After spending several hours on this problem I am at a loss. I guess all I need to enter in my cell phone is the host name for the Remote RRC and I don't need to enter WWW or HTTP: or HTTPS: along with the host name. I get a site cannot be found error almost instantly which seems strange. I would think it would search a little longer. Thanks, Tom W5GV

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Cannnot Access Outside Lan
« Reply #1 on: 2020-06-16, 16:56:17 »
I would guess your ISP has changed to CGN
http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=3494
/Mike

troynm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-06-16, 17:03:26 »
Hi Mike,

I don't understand this sentence.

"To check if your ISP is using CGN you need to connect a PC to the router which has the a SIM card installed for the ISP you want to test."

Why would my DSL router have a SIM card?

Thanks,
Tom W5GV

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2020-06-16, 17:30:55 »
Hi

I just removed the text about the SIM card. CGN was first introduced at Mobile 3G/4G/LTE subscriptions, that's why the text about the SIM card was still there. Today almost every ISP has introduced CGN. It doesn't matter if it's fiber, DSL, 4G. Everyone is short of IPv4 addresses.

73 de mike

troynm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-06-16, 17:38:05 »
Ok, I checked using the document and my router is reporting the same address as What's My IP so something else is going on.

troynm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-06-18, 04:47:33 »
OK, I reloaded both the control and remote with no good saved configurations from their .bin files I saved sometime ago. Deleted all changes I made on the router except for DMZ hosting. I am able to connect to the remote via my cell phone and my control unit can access on the same LAN. It should work when I take it all down to the remote site. I enable DMZ hosting on the remote router and test with my cell phone. Then drive back home and hope for the best.