Author Topic: TM-D710 will not turn on - RRC-1258 MkIIs  (Read 2218 times)

RadioCampbell

• View Profile
TM-D710 will not turn on - RRC-1258 MkIIs
« on: 2021-03-15, 02:43:13 »
I just made the cables, put in the straps and WiFi options, set the jumpers, built the TTL cables, and configured my Control and Radio units of my RRC-1258 MkIIs for my network.  From the browser interfaces, the units show:
Control:
Status
Name   Value
P5.4   ON
Radio   OFF
Connection status   OK
SIP status   Connected/transfering
Last SIP error   None
RTP status   Excellent(60)
UDP cmd status   OK(37)

Control:
Status

Name   Value
P5.2   ON
Connection status   OK
SIP status   Connected/transfering
Last SIP error   None
RTP status   Excellent(59)
UDP cmd status   OK(27)
SIP command timeout   0

both show:
DNS status   OK, remoterig.com = 213.180.92.125

I have double checked the placement of the straps, the jumpers, and the wiring of the TTL cables.  I have checked for continuity at the connector pins of the TTL cables.  I have verified that the connector at the TM-D710 control panel has 9 V between pins 6 and 7, and that the connector at the Radio Unit TTL port has 10 V between pins 2 and 3. 

Both units show steady green and yellow lights, no red.  I have tried restarting them multiple times, and holding down the power on button on the TM-D710 control panel for different lengths of times.  The control panel never lights up.

When I restart the control unit, I hear a beep on the headphones when the yellow light comes on.

What else can I do to track down the problem?

Barton N6HDN

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: TM-D710 will not turn on - RRC-1258 MkIIs
« Reply #1 on: 2021-03-15, 15:13:50 »
Hi

UDP command status counting down indicate that no data is transferred.

i may be, wrong program mode, wrong baudrate, bad cables, red  straps placed wrong, or ports blocked in a router if you goes over the internet

73 de mike

RadioCampbell

• View Profile
Re: TM-D710 will not turn on - RRC-1258 MkIIs
« Reply #2 on: 2021-03-18, 03:23:55 »
Mike,
Thanks for the instructions.  It turned out to be a bent contact on the connector for the TTL input on the Control unit.  I have it working now on my home network over WiFi.  I am sometimes getting frequent short dropouts on the receive audio.  Will now work on making contact to it from the internet. 

Barton