Author Topic: How to Pass PTT without needing a radio connected.  (Read 1982 times)

kw7y

• View Profile
Thanks to your help I now have audio passing between the RCC's (with no data connection to a radio), using Mode 4.

I'm having a problem getting PTT to pass to the RCC Radio AUX/MIC connector pin called PTT.

Grounding the PTT AUX/MIC pin at the RCC Control correctly toggles PTT in the RCC Radio STATUS page to ON. It also stops audio coming from the Radio which I assume is correct (maybe there's a setting to stop that happening). However it does not toggle the RCC Radio PTT pin; in fact that pin  on the RCC Radio is always grounded.  Am I missing a setting that enables the RRC Radio PTT pin on the AUX/MIC connector?

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: How to Pass PTT without needing a radio connected.
« Reply #1 on: 2021-07-27, 08:12:28 »
PTT is always transferred it's no setting for that, but it's a open collector output so uou always measure 0V if you have no pullup. If you connect it to a radio it will work as the the PTT input is always pulled up

73 de mike

kw7y

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2021-07-27, 16:35:10 »
Mike -

What you say is what I would expect but that is not how it is working in my case.

I have +9V through 1K attached to that pin. With the two RRCs DISCONNECTED the voltage is 9V on the RRC Radio PTT pin. With the two RRCs CONNECTED the voltage on PTT is 30mV independent of whether the RRC Radio STATUS says ON or OFF.

- Paul

kw7y

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2021-07-27, 17:05:41 »
Mike

It's fixed. "Some how" the RRC Radio MODE reverted to type 2 where as it should have been type 4 like the RRC Control.

Thanks

- Paul