Author Topic: Microbit Setup Manager  (Read 2376 times)

Paul-WA4AA

• View Profile
    • Email
Microbit Setup Manager
« on: 2021-08-11, 19:27:58 »
Blew off the dust on my 1258's after sitting around for 2 yrs. Successfully uploaded the latest FW and both units are visible on my local WiFi network. Modified and saved some settings on the Control .227 unit using the Microbit Setup Manager without issue. The Remote .228 unit info is relieved in the setup manager following a mouse click on the "info" link just fine. However, when I attempt to make any further changes to the .228 unit in setup, I get a request for a ??? login and password ???  Where does this come from? To my knowledge, I've never had a password to enter the settings. I've attempted without success many login and passwords. How do I get around this roadblock? The .227 unit sailed right through. Your comments and thoughts are most appreciated.

Thanks, Paul, WA4AA

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Microbit Setup Manager
« Reply #1 on: 2021-08-11, 21:53:19 »
Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, there is no way to recover a password if you forgot it. You will need to do a complete hardware reset on the RRC. If you saved your
config file before as a BIN, then you can reload it. Otherwise, use the control RRC as a guide to setting the radio RRC up again.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Paul-WA4AA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2021-08-16, 16:48:24 »
Hello Mitch

Thanks for your reply. After reading your comments I located a document that had a password that I hadn’t tried and Wala it seems to work. Thanks Mitch. For the last two days I have been reading the manual and working with different settings and still need help understanding how things work. I’m currently trying to set up and IC-7100 to operate on my local area network with the control wired to my router. The remote unit is downstairs and is connected by Wi-Fi. That is now working. My plan is to take the remote unit on the road with me and connect back home to the control unit. However, is it correct that I will need to change the IP address in the control unit prior to taking my road trip then changing it back again when I return back home? Can we talk on the phone sometime?
Thanks
Paul  WA4AA

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2021-08-16, 18:25:50 »
Hi Paul,

Yes, there some things that you need to do when moving the RRC. I have a checklist available that walks you
through the process, so no phone call should be necessary. Just drop me a short mail at dj0qn (at) darc (dot) de
and I will send it to you.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX