Author Topic: Losing receive audio every now and then  (Read 1790 times)

oh1jd

• View Profile
    • Email
Losing receive audio every now and then
« on: 2021-11-05, 11:05:23 »
I have a peculiar problem where the receive audio is sometimes lost but the transmit audio remains. What happens is that the I hear a "snap" and the receive audio disappears. Both transmit audio and cw key remain ok.

Following setup
RRC-1258 MkII on both ends, radio end directly hooked up to the router, remote end on wifi-connection as here in China the 4G-network seems to provide better stream. I have tried with different coding, same thing.

It doesn't appear every day, not even every week but is very annoying when it happens in the middle of the qso. It seems to happen more often when the connection between Finland and China is good and does not happen when I have the usual problem which is the slow throughput.

Any ideas are welcome,

Ville oh1jd

K7FL

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Losing receive audio every now and then
« Reply #1 on: 2022-03-29, 19:04:25 »
I have encounter the exact same issue with the loud pop and loss of RX audio. Everything else functions perfectly. Did you find the cause?
Dennis K7FL

oh1jd

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Losing receive audio every now and then
« Reply #2 on: 2022-03-31, 13:26:35 »
Hi Dennis,

Nope, no clue whatsoever. It still happens every once and again and is really annoying. I suspect the wifi adapter implementation in the remoterig box but it may also be the dns handling or something in that line. I haven't had a problem when using cable connection but again, I am not too sure on this either as I have mainly been using the wireless connection. The fibre here is shared with many households and tend to slower than the 5G on the mobile.

73, Ville oh1jd (in BY4 -land)