Author Topic: SIP Out Port keeps changing  (Read 1791 times)

W1UE

• View Profile
    • Email
SIP Out Port keeps changing
« on: 2022-01-26, 23:49:22 »
I have a site with two RR units, both Remote boxes, to support and SO2R setup.  One of the boxes I can connect to and its solid; the other box I can connect to but, in particular, it has problems sending data back to the Control unit.  I can tune the Control Radio, and the Remote Radio responds, but the display on the Control radio doesn't update.  After some seconds later, it often updates, but not always.  Audio is usually solid, using an audio quality of 8.  Yes, the UDP Cmd port, UDP Audio Port, and SIP Port on the two RRCs are different.  As I look at the Status Pages of the two RRCs, I see the RRC that's working fine has a SIP Out Port and SIP In Port of of 5081; everytime I go back to that Status page, I see the same port of 5081.  For the RRC that's not updating the Control unit, I see a SIP In Port of 5081 and a SIP Out Port of 7384; that SIP Out Port changes.  One time its 7384, then 8649, then 6177, and so on.  Every time I update that status the SIP Out Port changes. 

I'm looking for something to fix the poor response of one of the RRC units; does this SIP Out Port changing have anything to do with it?

A little more info- we have had this problem for some time with one of the RRC units; the problem comes and goes.  It existed before we put the second RRC at the remote site, and were pleasantly surprised when the second RRC unit did not have the problems that the first unit had.  Any suggestions are welcome.

Dennis W1UE

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: SIP Out Port keeps changing
« Reply #1 on: 2022-01-27, 07:54:39 »
Hi
Remoterig never change the portnumbers from those  set on the Advanced page. If you on the status page see other portnumbers it's a result of the router portmapping. Some routers change the mapping for each session, this is normally no problem, the RRC handle it and it's shown on the status page. I guess in this case that the there is some bug in the router. I would change the router, there is nothing that can be done in the RRC

73 de mike

W1UE

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: SIP Out Port keeps changing
« Reply #2 on: 2022-01-28, 17:13:42 »
We changed the SIP Port in both the Remote and Control RRCs from 5080 to 5083.  The SIP Out Port on the Remote RRC, as specified on the Status Report, has stopped changing, and it stays at 5083.  The RRCs now connect immediately, and the delays in the frequency information being sent to the Control RRC are gone.  Tuning the Control RRC results in an almost immediate change in the Control K3 display.

Not sure why changing that did anything, but it now seems to work as the other RRC setup.  I'll be on the contest this weekend using the remote station (major snowstorm on USA East Coast
tomorrow, so I'll get a chance to document and make sure the issue is gone.

Dennis W1UE