Author Topic: Windows 11 / Virtual Ports?  (Read 2663 times)

K7ZS

• View Profile
    • Email
Windows 11 / Virtual Ports?
« on: 2022-02-15, 03:20:49 »
Greetings

One of my remote users 'accidentaly' let his PC upgrade to Windows 11 ... I nor he was aware they were upgrading PC's with adequate hardware.

From that time on, his Control 1258 RR box is not recognized on the USB port by the PC, which of course doesn't install the virtual COM ports, making it impossible to use remote software (N1MM+/MMTTY etc.)  This thwarted our plans to include him in our remote ops this last weekend in WPX RTTY

ARRL DX CW is this weekend, and we are struggling to get him going.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW:  Are the Virtual Com Port Driver installed with the Microbit Manager compatible with Windows 11???  We uninstalled / reinstalled numerous time, same result.

The Microbit manager screen comes up with this solo message: look ForHids()

The radio can connect, it is possible to browse to the box to control, but NO LUCK getting the Virtual Com port running.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Kevin K7ZS

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Windows 11 / Virtual Ports?
« Reply #1 on: 2022-02-15, 11:38:21 »
We have tested with Windows 11 and have not found any problem, there are no other reports of problem either. So his problem is probably not related to Win11

73 de mike

K7ZS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2022-02-15, 20:46:59 »
Thank you Mike

It was an 'in place upgrade' which I never like ... thanks and we can now look further into his machine for issues.

There are very few things on an internet search returns NO HITS,  but "look ForHids()" is one!  What does that mean, just out of curiosity

Thanks, setting up for ARRL DX CW contest with several remote users sprinkled across the USA!

73 Kevin K7ZS

WU6X

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2022-09-10, 16:17:37 »
Hi Kevin,
I had a similar problem ... I upgraded my hard drive with a fresh install of Win10 and now can't see the virtual ports from the RemoteRig. Did you find any remedy to the problem?
73, Dennis - WU6X