Author Topic: Same MAC address  (Read 5073 times)

w4mostew

• View Profile
    • Email
Same MAC address
« on: 2011-04-25, 23:21:40 »
I have two RRC1258 that are reading with the same MAC address and same serial number.  The units seem to function except will not connect and always get SIP failure.  Can anyone help, please.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Same MAC address
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-26, 06:50:07 »
Hi

That should not be possible, but is easy to fix if you send me the real serial number from the sticker inside the boxes

73 de mike

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2011-04-26, 10:32:15 »
I have two RRC1258 that are reading with the same MAC address and same serial number.  The units seem to function except will not connect and always get SIP failure.  Can anyone help, please.
Would also be most interesting to know more about this. When did you notice that they have the same numbers? Has it "always" been like that or did it become like that after doing something, like changing settings etc?
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

oz1rh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-06, 23:24:21 »
I did a firmware update on my two RemoteRig control boxes one after another in a row. The second one ended up with MAC adr and serial number from the first. I assume I just pressed 'Update firmware' the second time without reading from the second one. It has not yet given me problems to have two control boxes with the same MAC adr, as only one box can be used at a time. The day the radio end is capable of multicasting its RX audio I might be into troubles, but I still look forward to a multicast possibility.

73, Palle, OZ1RH.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2011-05-07, 08:22:10 »
I did a firmware update on my two RemoteRig control boxes one after another in a row. The second one ended up with MAC adr and serial number from the first. I assume I just pressed 'Update firmware' the second time without reading from the second one. It has not yet given me problems to have two control boxes with the same MAC adr, as only one box can be used at a time. The day the radio end is capable of multicasting its RX audio I might be into troubles, but I still look forward to a multicast possibility.

73, Palle, OZ1RH.
This is most interesting! And also very very astonishing if the only things you did were:

1/
Connected the first RRC via USB to the PC.

2/
Updated its firmware using Setup Manager. (Selected file and clicked "Update" on the "FW update" tab)

3/
Disconnected the first RRC from the PC while leaving Setup Manager running.

4/
Connected the second RRC to the PC.

5/
Updated its firmware using Setup Manager by clicking "Update" without doing anything else.

If you didn't do anything else like getting and saving setup in the RRCs then I am totally lost as what might cause them getting the same mac as nothing at all is done which could not only write the mac and s/n but also copy them from the first unit to the second.

But why do you say "without reading from the second one"? There is no need for "reading" if the only thing you intend to do is update their firmware.

From which firmware version did you update?

If you email me the correct s/n of the one which is wrong now I can give you info about how to change it back.

Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.