Author Topic: Iphone 13 Pro Max Hotspot  (Read 2547 times)

sndtubes

• View Profile
    • Email
Iphone 13 Pro Max Hotspot
« on: 2022-06-15, 17:09:37 »
I know others have posted about this, but they are older posts.  I have successfully gotten my Remoterig system working on my home network.  But when I attempt to use my Iphone 13 Pro Max, it simply does not work.  I have selected Maximize Compatibility to lock onto 2.4GHz.   The phone shows there is a connection.   The Microbit Manager shows the weird IP addresses, but when I click on "Find Devices", the control unit does not show up on the list.  I have tried using DHCP and using a fixed IP by typing in the correct addresses into the manager.  It just doesn't work despite the phone showing the Remoterig is connected.  Any ideas of what I can try next.  I am totally stumped. 

sndtubes

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Iphone 13 Pro Max Hotspot
« Reply #1 on: 2022-06-16, 04:53:03 »
Nevermind  A fellow ham helped me figure it out.   I did not have port forwarding set up properly

K7FL

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Iphone 13 Pro Max Hotspot
« Reply #2 on: 2024-02-22, 10:09:04 »
I’m having the same issue with my IPhone 13 pro hotspot not showing as an available WiFi network on the control RRC setup using the Microbit utility. I have changed the hotspot settings to “Maximize Compatibility”. I’m not clear what else should be required for the hotspot to show on the RRC wifi scan.

I changed the settings in the RRC to DHCP to no avail.

As for port forwarding, I can see how this affects functionality, but would incorrect port forwarding prevent the iPhone hotspot SSID from showing up in the RRC?

Admittedly outside my expertise…

Any assistance appreciated

Dennis, K7FL
Lacoste, France