RRC-Micro PC Client in English > General discussion

Problem with Rig software

(1/3) > >>

rockyjones:
I just received my Micro PC Client yesterday and find that neither TRX-Manager or DXLabs Commander will operate with the serial ports created.  HRD does operate okay but I can't use HRD due to my amplifier (Icom PW-1) needing isolation to eliminate CI-V collisions.  HRD does not provide a secondary COM port to allow syncing of the PW-1 to the frequency read from the radio like Commander and TRX-Manager provide.

Any idea why these two popular rig control programs can't use the COM ports created by the Micro PC Client?  DxLabs author says it is a driver problem.

Thanks,

Joe W4WT

LA7THA:
Hey

I have the same result here, HRD working fine but if it try TRX-Manager i want work.
If i use HRD or TRX-Manager in my RRC (version 1) control end using the frontend com port (serial to usb) all working fine.

73 Rune LA7THA

rockyjones:
Here is info I received on the DXLab group from the author about Commander showing an 8020 error in the debug file when trying to run the RR Micro:

An "8020" error says that the driver issued an interrupt saying "there is data waiting" before the data was available. The application tried
to read the data but received no data.  Specifically, it's Microsoft's MSComm component that does not tolerate this driver defect.

So, it looks like software written with VB will have problems with the drivers being used in the RR Micro product unless they are changed to avoid the "data waiting" problem.

Update:  I was directed to a Microsoft support page that discusses this problem.  Here is the link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318784

Joe

roland:
Currently only HRD is supported.
More models will be added in coming updates.

rockyjones:

--- Quote from: Roland (Microbit) on 2011-05-02, 14:48:35 ---Currently only HRD is supported.
More models will be added in coming updates.

--- End quote ---

Roland, I believe this should be made clear on the product page as I would not have ordered at this time if I had known that ONLY HRD was supported.  I can't use HRD due to my Icom PW-1 requiring a secondary COM port to send "transceive" commands to it for it to operate correctly.  Only DxLabs Commander and TRX-Manager currently support the PW-1 through a secondary port (that I'm aware of) thus the Micro PC Client is useless to me until these (preferably Commander) products are supported.

Is there any time table for this support to be provided?

Joe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version