Author Topic: TS-480 new optional *SSB FILTER* doesn't work via remote  (Read 2411 times)

VE3VEE

• View Profile
    • Email
First I had two CW filters installed in my TS-480. All was OK.

Now I decided to have just one CW filter and also an SSB filter. A very strange thing happened: it works when the control head unit is connected directly to the transceiver's body, but when I use the radio via internet remote I am not able to turn the SSB filter on.

Does anyone have the optional SSB filter in their TS-480? Is it functioning via remote?

What could cause this? All other features of my TS-480 work perfectly fine and have so for about 8 years.

Marvin VE3VEE

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: TS-480 new optional *SSB FILTER* doesn't work via remote
« Reply #1 on: 2022-07-17, 09:22:03 »
Hi

Remoterig has no knowledge how the radio is configured. Remoterig just transfer the the data without interpret, remove or add any data so nothing can be done in Remoterig to solve this, maybe a full reset of the radio can fix it

73 de mike

VE3VEE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2022-07-17, 17:14:14 »
Thanks Mike, I will try a full reset of the radio next time I visit my remote QTH.

Marvin VE3VEE

py2xb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2022-09-18, 15:16:51 »
Hi Marvin

I use the TS-480S in my remote site. I have two optional filters in it (CW and SSB). I can put then in and out normally in the controll head.
I would suggest you to take the control head to the remote site and test it locally. There should be no difference if the head is local or remote. The TS480S senses if the filters are installed or not. As far as I can remember there is no menu option to configure then. So it seems that your TS-480S are not aware that the filter is inserted, for some reason.

Take good care Fred PY2XB

VE3VEE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2022-09-18, 19:42:35 »
Fred,

Thank you very much for the reply. Interestingly, it started to work correctly on it's own without me doing anything after a few weeks. I have no idea why. All is good.

Marvin VE3VEE

py2xb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2022-09-18, 22:17:23 »
Good the issue is solved Marvin. Fred