Author Topic: Just died!  (Read 1536 times)

VK2DAG

• View Profile
    • Email
Just died!
« on: 2022-10-20, 13:40:36 »
Hi All.

Been happily using 1258-MKII for several years with TS-480.  Remote end is on LTE and 400 KM away.  Have latest firmware etc.

Yesterday couldn't turn on the radio.  Investigated today and local unit wasn't on my network.  Ran the setup program and discovered that it had lost it's static IP address.  Many attempts to set the IP address failed.  Sometimes would show address again in setup but couldn't browse to the unit.  Changed from static to DHCP, after reboot unit shows it has an address issued but still couldn't browse.  Updated firmware (just to 2.95 again).  Could then browse to unit after DHCP issued.  Set to my preferred static address, reboot and can now browse to the static address.

Looking in the other setup tabs the unit has totally lost all it's configs  >:(  So I start to tell it that it's plugged into a TS-480 etc, etc.  But when I get to the Keyer Settings, IO settings, or ping settings I have a page that says "No settings available for this device"!  I then release that the local unit is giving menu items as if it's the radio unit, so I can't set an IP for the remote radio end,"Auto connect" etc.  It does say on the header of the webpage that it is the "Control" unit.  I just can't see any of the control unit tabs.

Help please!