RRC 1258 Support in English > General discussion forum

Baud Rate

<< < (2/2)

sm2o:
HI

I don't now about the Kantronics. But lot of people using RRC with HamRadio De Luxe.
The most common problem people have is that they have forgot to connect  pin 7-8 together in the d-sub at radioend if they use Yaesu or Kenwood.

73 de mike

HB9ODP:
Hey Mike! On your page (http://www.remoterig.com/en/tekniskbeskr.htm) you write:

RS232 Interface (9-pol D-sub female)

2 TXD (Out)
3 RXD (in)
5 GND

So in my cable I used only RXD/TXD and GND. Now tested with an icom CAT and hamradio deluxe and it works. Please add some info on your website.
Now I check with pin 7+8...

sm2o:
Hi

Yes but the 7-8 loop has nothing to do with the RRC it's needed by the radio, so it's described on the radio cable drawings.

for example

http://www.remoterig.com/en/kenwood_gen.htm

so it's in the radio end it should be a connection between 7-8 against the radio

73 de mike

HB9ODP:
Ok thanks, now the second RS232 works also with my TS480, so for other users my solution is:

RRC (Display side)
===================
PC with hamradio deluxe @38400 bps (@57600 it doesn't connect) and 'commercial' rs232 1-1 male/female

Settings on both sides
======================
Redirect Uart 0  -> 1
Uart 0 baudrate  -> 38400
Uart 0 data bits -> 8 
Uart 0 stop bits -> 1
Uart 0 parity -> 0

RRC (remote side / TS-480)
==========================

RS232 male / female
2 -> 3
3 -> 2
5 -> 5
7 -> 8
8 -> 7

How to synch 2 radio with hamradio deluxe
=========================================
Open HRD and connect to your first radio (in my case local radio)
Open another HRD window and connect your second radio (in my case remote TS-480)
Press Synch button on the toolbar
Click scan and start. That's all

Now you have 2 radio in a diversity reception; turn the vfo or band on your master radio and the second radio turn also...

Best 73's de HB9ODP Mattia

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version