RRC 1258 Support in English > General discussion forum

K3/0 connection to K3

(1/1)

K7FL:
I have a K3 at my remote in Utah that has worked well with my K3/0 & RRC boxes from my home in Las Vegas. I’ve used WiFi for connectivity at the K3/0 end. I’m in France for a couple of months and trying to use the K3/0 to connect to the remote. I changed the WiFi settings on the K3/0 to the local wifi. I can’t establish a connection.

The WiFi works well with streaming of TV, etc. I tried ran the connection through a stateside VPN server just in case the problem was some geographical limitations. I receive a trouble-tone, which indicates it is not connected.

I really don’t think anything changed in the configurations. Am I missing something? Should I simply need to scan for the appropriate WiFi network and enter the credentials?

BTW, I am able to ping my remote router so the connection there appears okay.

Thanks
Dennis

sm2o:
Hi

There is no difference working from France or within the US. But if you are using a Hotel Wifi or a public Wifi they may have blocked ports, that's quite common

73 de mike

K7FL:
Mike,

I agree there should, and probably is no difference. This WiFi is a typical home installation.
Just grasping at straws as I’m not certain what the problem may be here locally with the K3/0. If the problem is at my remote … which has been very reliable over the years, then I’m out of luck. As mentioned in my post, I can ping the remote connection.

Dennis

sm2o:
If you can login to the router, check that SIP ALG is OFF if it has a SIP ALG setting

73 de mike

K7FL:
Update: I believe the communications issues are due to ports on my local router being closed or blocked. The router is standard from Freebox and I don’t have credentials to change the settings.

In the US, I use a Verizon JetPack for connectivity. No port issues, etc have ever been encountered. I’m considering purchasing a similar device here in France. Any hardware recommendations? Probably more important would be the plan selected as they probably would own the infrastructure controlling port access. Has anyone used a hotspot and plan in France, Spain and Portugal that supported the ports required for the K3/0? I'm here for 4 months.

Dennis, K7FL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version