Author Topic: PSK31 with Remote Rig System...  (Read 5913 times)

NZ5E

• View Profile
PSK31 with Remote Rig System...
« on: 2011-05-09, 21:21:33 »
I am using the TS-480 control head remotely with the Remote Rig system and would like to operate PSK31.  I already have a Tigertronics SignaLink USB, the appropriate cable with connector to plug into the 6 pin connector on the TS-480 body, and a computer at the radio end that operates an EchoLink node.  I would assume that I connect the SignaLink to the TS-480 body and the computer at the remote site and use some type of remote access software to access that computer remotely?

fnord

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: PSK31 with Remote Rig System...
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-10, 01:14:05 »
just use the signalink on the remote control side, you have to get a Y box
i recommend to galvanic isolate the mic/signalink input in this breakout box with simple audio 1:1 transformers and 0.047uf cap to ground
just use a y adapter and you just need to properly re-wire the remoterig jumpers/y-box

]

JD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2011-07-06, 02:50:08 »
I'm successfully using a SignaLink USB by just plugging it into the aux/mic jack on the control unit.  I'm using a manual RJ-45 switch but the isolation configuration described in the earlier post might work as well.

PY1KN

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-09-02, 19:34:11 »
Hi

I am planning to use my microham MKII on the radio side for FSK RTTY and PSK31 operation, via VNC to the radio computer. The reason for this isthat I believe that local decoding of digital systems will be much better if done locally. However, I want to keep thet remoterig for normal CW and SSB use.

Has anyone here used an isolated Y RJ45 connection at the Radio end? Any tips? Or any other scheme for digital modes on the radio computer?

Marcelo, PY1KN